ASTM-Grade Biodiesel for Colleges and Universities
No money down for immediate biodiesel savings (fuel budget dollars and CO2 emissions)
Colleges and Universities benefit from BioPro™-powered biodiesel production programs for 3 reasons:
BioPro™ Processors lead the industry in small scale, fully automated biodiesel production.
- The BioPro™ biodiesel processor is made from 304 Stainless steel.
- The BioPro™ is made with all industrial-grade components.
- The BioPro™ 190 and The BioPro™ 380 are CE certified.
- The BioPro™ consistently and reliably makes ASTM-grade biodiesel. The Dept. of Biological and Environmental Studies at Alabama A&M shared these ASTM testing results on April 2, 2013.
- The BioPro is designed with safety in mind.
- The BioPro™ is extremely easy to use because it's fully automated.
- Don't take our word for it. Contact us and we will send you references.
THE BENEFITS OF USING BIODIESEL are many.Download biodiesel information handout
- If you make Biodiesel using our equipment, you can make it for approx. 95 cents a gallon.
- According to the EPA, biodiesel burns 78% cleaner than regular diesel. (ie. it’s “emissions profile” is significantly better than using diesel) The California Air Resources board released a study recently which claims that biodiesel made from waste cooking oil, burns approximately 88% cleaner than regular diesel.
- Biodiesel can be made from ANY vegetable or animal oil.
- Biodiesel will run in ANY diesel engine without the need to convert your engine.
- Biodiesel is better for the life of your engines. It has a higher lubricity rate than regular diesel and therefore will create less wear in your engine.
- Biodiesel will mix, at any ratio, with diesel, so it can be blended and used in conjunction with diesel.
- Biodiesel can and is being made right now, on US soil, thereby reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
- Our equipment is made entirely in the USA.
- Converting a waste stream in to a beneficent alternative fuel that runs in any diesel engine is a significant process improvement for any company, individual or college.
USAGE CASE SCENARIO:
If you assume the following:
- Diesel is on average $4.00/gallon throughout the next 12 months (As of October 23, 2012, diesel#2 is at $4.39/gal in Chico, CA.)
- Your input costs are $0.95/gallon (methanol, lye, sulfuric acid, electricity and water).
- You get your grease for free.
Then you have a built in $3.05/gallon "savings" over diesel.
If you use your BioPro 190 at 67% of full capacity, you will produce approximately 6,000 gallons of biodiesel per year. You will "save" 6,000 x $3.05 or $18,300.00 in the first 12 months. This is before any savings that might accrue to your college due to tax savings.
6,000 gallons of Biodiesel will reduce GHG emissions by more than 114,000 pounds of CO2.
Please contact Springboard Biodiesel if you’d like more information.