Colleges and Universities benefit from BioPro™-powered biodiesel production programs for 3 reasons:
- Most colleges are in the business of feeding not only the minds, but the stomachs of students (and faculty). Cooking oils that are reclaimed from the kitchens and restaurants of any institution can be converted into ASTM-grade biodiesel for less than 95 cents per gallon in BioPro™ biodiesel processors. At 85% capacity, as of January 2016, Springboard's BioPro equipment pays for itself in as little as 8 months (even with diesel at all time low costs at the pump)
- According to a study by the California Air Resources Board, biodiesel made from used cooking oil emits 90% less CO2 and 50% less soot than regular diesel. In September of 2015, CARB confirmed that biodiesel is the lowest carbon emitter of all the liquid fuels.
- BioPro™ systems are currently in use at 82 different colleges, universities, and H.S. systems. Most of these institutions incorporate the equipment into their curriculums. Classes in ecology, environmental studies, chemistry, engineering, and agriculture teach students the process of making a renewable alternative fuel, not just domestically but on campus, that works in any diesel engine without the need to convert that engine.
How much co2 can we eliminate?
- The Alabama Institute of the Deaf and Blind operates a BioPro™ 380EX and a SpringPro™ T76..."We wanted to make sure the students were safe".
- Louisiana State University (one of 82 school systems currently operating a BioPro™) uses a BioPro™190 in its Agricultural Research facility. Training in biodiesel production is offered to students and teachers as well as farmers and interested members of the community; LSU produces biodiesel for research purposes. They also actively research alternative feedstock sources.
- Read more Success stories
BioPro™ Processors lead the industry in small scale, fully automated biodiesel production.
- BioPro™ biodiesel processors are made with 14 gauge 304 Stainless steel
- The BioPros™ are automated (ie. extremely easy to operate)
- The BioPros™ use all explosion proof motors and explosion proof pumps.
- The BioPro™ 190 and The BioPro™ 380 are CE certified.
- The BioPro™ consistently and reliably makes ASTM-grade biodiesel.
- The BioPro is designed with safety as the higheset priority.
- Don't take our word for it. Call us for references.
THE BENEFITS OF USING BIODIESEL are many.
Download biodiesel information handout
- If you make Biodiesel using our equipment, you can make it for approx. 95 cents a gallon.
- According to the California Air Resources Board, biodiesel made from used cooking oil burns 90% cleaner than regular diesel. (ie. it’s “emissions profile” is significantly better than using diesel) The EPA states that biodiesel prodcued from seed crop oil emits about 78% less CO2 than regular diesel (life cycle anaylsis)
- Biodiesel can be made from ANY vegetable or animal oil.
- Biodiesel will run in ANY diesel engine without the need to convert your engine.
- Biodiesel is better for the life of your engines. It has greater lubricity than regular diesel and therefore creates less wear in your engine when it burns. (google: biodiesel + lubricity)
- Biodiesel will mix, at any ratio, with diesel, so it can be blended and used in conjunction with diesel.
- Biodiesel can and is being made right now, in countries across the world, thereby reducing oil imports in all those countries.
- Springboard's equipment is proudly made in the USA.
- Converting a waste stream in to a beneficent alternative fuel that runs in any diesel engine is a significant process improvement for any institution.
USAGE CASE SCENARIO:
Assumptions, based on recent, historically low diesel costs:
- Diesel is on average $3.00/gallon throughout the next 12 months.
- Your input costs are $0.95/gallon (methanol, lye, sulfuric acid, electricity and water).
- You get your grease for free.
Then you have a built in $2.05/gallon "savings" over diesel.
If you use your BioPro™ 190 at 67% of full capacity, you will produce approximately 6,000 gallons of biodiesel per year. You will "save" 6,000 x $3.05 or $12,300.00 in the first 12 months. This is before any savings that might accrue to your college due to tax savings. If your school operated the larger BioPro™ 380 at twice the capacity, these numbers would double. A BIoPro 380™ would double that capacity again.
The BioPro™ 190 costs $9,995 and would avail a return on investment in 10 months.
The BioPro™ 380 costs $14,995 and would avail an ROI in 7-8 months.
The Biopro™ 380EX costs $19,990 and would avail an ROI in approximately 4-5 months
6,000 gallons of Biodiesel will reduce GHG emissions by more than 114,000 pounds of CO2.
When it comes to combatting climate change, small steps (biodiesel "Kaizen") are worth it.
Please contact Springboard Biodiesel if you’d like more information.
530 894 1793.