As a group, you couldn’t be better positioned to make biodiesel out of waste cooking oil in your facility than if you are a restaurant, a brewery (that serves food) or any other member of the food service world.
Our list of notable customers includes a long list of restaurants as well as The US Military, Sara Lee Foods, Toyota, Honda, and now 90 different schools.
The company won a prestigious Kitchen Innovations Award from the National Restaurant Association in May of 2012.Make a difference
makes automated biodiesel processing equipment which, because they are small and will fit nearly anywhere, will convert used cooking oils into biodiesel fuel for 85 cents per gallon. Such is the cost of the inputs and the electricity required to make a clean-burning fuel that emits 90% less CO2 and 50% less particulate matter than the regular diesel it replaces. How can this be possible? When you reduce a giant biodiesel plant down to the size of an appliance, you eliminate the massive overhead costs that accompany a multi-million gallon production plant. And when you make your fuel from a waste stream like used cooking oil, as opposed to petroleum or even a virgin seed crop oil, your total carbon impact is measurably reduced.
The BioPro™ systems made by Springboard Biodiesel are tried and true, small, safe and managable. If you interested in a system that is slightly larger, we have options for you as well. Call us at 530 894 1793 for more information.
will run in any diesel engine without the need to convert your engine. It blends perfectly with diesel at any ratio. You often hear people referring to B20 or B99. This means the amount of biodiesel in the blend (ie. B20 has 20% biodiesel and 80% diesel). Most of the customers who own Springboard Biodiesel's equipment use B100 whenever they can.
Biodiesel has superior lubricity to diesel and especially ULSD which means that it will burn in your diesel engine with less wear.
Biodiesel is also non-flammable (flash point is 266 degrees F), biodegradable, and according to the California Air Resources Board, is the least carbon emitting of all the liquid fuels (!)
More information on biodiesel can be found at our biodiesel library,
as well as on the fact sheets of the National Biodiesel Board's website
differentiates itself from other processors for 5 reasons:
1. They are safe (can't be over-valued)
2. They are easy to operate (automated). And offer manual controls, as well, for anyone who wants to experiment with different recipes or processes.
3. They make ASTM-grade fuel consistently and reliably from any vegetable or animal oil that is 5% FFA or less, assuming that you follow the directions in the manual.
4. Because the BioPro™ appliances (50 to 100 gallon batch processors) complete a dual reacion, they will convert a wider range of dirtier oils than other processors
5. After nine years of manufacturing BioPro™ equipment, our customer service skills are stronger than ever; we've helped a broad swath of businesses, institutions and individuals to succesfully produce premium grade biodiesel with very little infrastuctural change and currently have BioPro™ biodiesel processors operating in 31 countries and in all 50 states.